Southland Education is a non-profit organisation which has been providing community education courses aimed at Lifelong Learning since 1915.
A variety of non-assessed courses are offered on a term by term basis, covering such topics as Art, Te Reo Maori, Spanish, Leadlighting, Yoga, Fly Fishing, Cake Decorating, Ukulele and Patchwork. Additional courses may be offered depending on tutor availability.
Other opportunities provided by Southland Education include:
- A free e learning Drawing course
- A weekly after school art programme for children
- Kidzart holiday programme three times a year
- Urban Sketch group
- Sit N Be Fit
- Seminars on a variety of topics such as Learning Differences
- A series of workshops in Riversdale in July in conjunction tithe Riversdale Art Exhibition
- An annual exhibition of students work
The main programme is based at 100 Esk Street, Invercargill, a building with historical significance as the former Strangs’ Coffee House. The building has been refurbished to include lift access to classrooms on the first and second floors.
All inquiries can be directed to
Phone 03 218 8180
E mail [email protected]